I hope you are enjoying your summer. Here are some updates on what is been going on behind the scenes as we get ready for the season! Please note the dates in your agenda!
- BOD has been meeting each month to discuss the workings of the patrol and set things up for the next season.
- A new OEC class has started and thus far we have 6 candidates for Lab! They will meet every Wednesday evening starting September at Lab Mountain – if you are an instructor or like to help out, please send an email to Cindy Hoalcraft- firstname.lastname@example.org – We can use many hands as we are embedding the skills and scenario practice into the Fall evening sessions rather then the winter.
- Sheila at Song mountain is requesting 4 patrollers for Song Mountain on September 17, 2023 at 11 AM to assist at a wedding where they will use the chairlift. Please email email@example.com if you like to join us.
- The annual survey will come to you early September and must be completed by Oct 15th. This survey will be a way for you to share with us your interests on shift selection etc. The goal is to put up a draft schedule by the refresher.
- Key Dates:
- Instructor OEC refresher at Dry Hill on Saturday August 26th
- Bylaws Review Forum will be held on September 25th on zoom from 7-8 PM– We will outline the changes and have time for questions – https://us06web.zoom.us/j/83951551316 Everyone is welcome to attend. Voting will occur at Annual Meeting. Read the bylaws here
- Lab OEC Refresher: Saturday October 28th – Andrew Radin is your point person, if you like to help, please connect with him (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please complete your OEC online refresher prior to joining the Skill session!
- The Annual Meeting will occur after the OEC skill refresher on Oct. 28th – This is a required meeting and will allow us to get organized for the season.
- Ground School Chair evaluation will occur on Oct 28th between the OEC refresher and annual meeting
- CPR & Chair Evacuation Training
- Two options: Sunday Oct 15 or Saturday November 4th
- Half a day is CPR, the other half is chair lift evac training: details will follow
- Chair evacuation is required for all those in leadership roles (COH, Sub COH) but encouraged for all patrollers to attend.
- CPR refresher is required for all “every year” and must be completed prior to December 1, 2023. If you can’t make the two dates above, you can complete CPR training within your own organizations and provide us with your certification prior to Dec. 1, 2023.
- Cleanup Day: November 18, 2023 – come and help us out as we will get our first aid bags/sleds and spaces ready for the season.
- Next BOD will be on September 19th 2023 through zoom and not the usual 2nd monday. Same Zoom url as noted under BOD meetings.
I hope you have a wonderful summer!